NHS Attend Anywhere makes it easy for health and care providers to offer video call access to their services, as a normal part of day-to-day operations. It is purpose-built for health and care.
What do I need to access it?
Patients can use the devices they already have access to whether it is a PC, laptop, tablet or Smartphone. There is no need to register, sign in or download and install special software.
Android Tablet/Smartphone users will need the Google Chrome app installed on their device.
Apple iPad/iPhone users will need the free NHS Attend Anywhere app to be installed from the Apple App Store. You can either download and install it before your first video call, or wait until prompted to install it the first time you try to make a call.
Desktop/Laptop computer users will need the Google Chrome web browser installed on their device. Computer users will also need a webcam, microphone and headset or set of speakers.
All users, regardless of the device they have, will need access to a reliable internet connection to the internet (generally speaking, if you can watch a video online, you can make a video call) and a private, well-lit area where you will not be disturbed during the call.
What about my personal information?
Security, privacy and data protection are integral to the system:
- Health-grade privacy, security, and data protection are at the forefront of the system.
- Users enter Waiting Areas through a provided link and wait in their own private video room.
- There is no chance of another patient entering their room by mistake, and the room is deleted after the consultation.
- Users leave no digital footprint. No patient-identifiable information remains in the system after the consultation ends.
How much does a video call cost me?
The video call is free (except for internet/mobile data usage):
- Users don’t use any data while waiting for a clinician to join them.
- A video consultation uses less than half of the data watching a YouTube video in High Definition does – about 120 MB on a mobile device, and 230 MB on a computer for a 10 minute call.
- Data use is less on lower-speed internet connections, or if using a less powerful computer, tablet, or Smartphone. However, these factors can also reduce the overall quality of the call.
- Data use increases when there are more than two participants in the call.
What if I experience issues using NHS Attend Anywhere?
Any issues experienced when using NHS Attend Anywhere will be reported by the Service you are contacting to the relevant person/teams for investigation.
A troubleshooting mini-poster is available online from the NHS Attend Anywhere Resource Centre and provides options and settings to check if you experience any issues with your call.
Access the troubleshooting mini-poster at https://setup.attendanywhere.com/checklist
The following helpsheets are available to assist you in accessing the Attend Anywhere service.